Tel : 02-24247342
Fax : 02-24288389
Laws and Regulations
1. Transmissible Animal Disease Prevention and Control Act & Enforcement Rules of Act for Prevention and Control of Transmissible Animal Diseases.
2. Quarantine Requirements for the Importation of Animals or Animal Products into the Republic of China.
3. Quarantine Requirements for the Importation of Dry Animal Products into the Republic of China.
4. Quarantine Requirements for the Importation of Dog and Cat Food into the Republic of China.
5. List of Infectious Animal Disease-free and Infected Countries (Regions).
6. Operation Procedures for Reports and Certificates on Animal and Plant Inspection and Quarantine.
7. Operation Procedures for Inspection and Quarantine for animals and plants transported by passengers, sea freight, air, or portal parcels.
8. Regulations of Import Quarantine Operation for Animal Products Transported by Closed Container.
9. Operation Procedures for Inspection and Quarantine for Imported Pet.
10. Operation Procedures for Inspection and Quarantine for Imported Cattles for Slaughter.
1. Inspection of imported frozen / refrigerated livestock, fowls, haslets, and their products.
2. Inspection of imported ungutted and frozen / refrigerated fish (salmon, trout, bass, carp, catfish), as well as their products.
3. Inspection of other imported animal products (pet food, dried animal products, wet salted cattle hides, etc.).
4. Inspection at local origin of production for imported animal products (carbonized wool, shrimp shell meal, etc.).
5. Routine Inspection of animals transported by passenger and postal parcels.
6. On-board Inspection and quarantine of imported or transferred animals.
7. Assist anti-smuggling authorities in smuggled animals / animal products inspection and processing.
Inspection of Imported Animal Products
1. Frozen (refrigerated) livestock, meat, haslets and their products must be imported from non-infestation areas or countries with a bilateral agreement to import, and should meet relevant inspection and quarantine requirements. Import from infestation areas is not allowed.
2. Non-edible dried animal products from non-infestation areas must present animal health certificates; imports from infestation areas should present animal health certificates stating disinfecting and handling methods as well as date of production as required by the R.O.C. Inspection and Quarantine Regulations on Imported Dried Animal Products. There must also be written information indicating that the product has not contacted other products of the sort after the disinfecting process. The cargo (container) and seal (label) must remain intact when imported.
3. Pet food must comply with the R.O.C. Inspection and Quarantine Regulations on Imported Pet Food. Imports from infestation areas that require inspection and quarantine must undergo on-site inspections at factories by the BAPHIQ.
Inspection of other Imported Livestock Products
1. Duck and goose feather mainly from China, Southeast Asia, United States, Germany, Hungary and France.
2. Wet salted cattle hides mainly from United States, Canada, New Zealand and Australia.
3. Bones and horns mainly from Indonesia and Africa Bull horns and antlers.
4. Wool mainly from Australia and New Zealand.
5. Pig's bristles, horse and goat's hair mainly from China.
Routine inspection of imported animals carried by passenger or passenger liners
Only imports from non-infestation areas and with quarantine certificates can be imported. Unqualified imports will be returned or confiscated.
Key Promotion Item
1. Regulations and Process of Pet Export
Before export, pet owners should bring their dogs and cats with prove to attest the dog and cats were injected with rabies vaccines at least one month prior to export, issued by local animal hospitals or the competent animal protection authority of the municipality or county (city) to the inspection station for inspection and certification.
2. Inspection and Quarantine Regulations of Exported Dogs and Cats to Hong Kong
Please refer to the website of the Hong Kong Agriculture, Fisheries, and Conservation Department for the latest regulation of animal inspection and quarantine.
3. Inspection and Quarantine Regulations of Exported Dogs and Cats to Japan
Please refer to the website of the ministry of agriculture, forestry and fisheries of Japan for the latest regulation of animal inspection and quarantine.