Draft Amendments on the“Quarantine Requirements for The Importation of Plants or Plant Products into The Republic of China”
Promulgated by Council of Agriculture
Date: March 27, 2015
Ref. No. Nung fang no. 1041493065
Summary of the revised Part A of the "Quarantine Requirements for the Importation of Plants or Plant Products":
- Amended "Japan (Okinawa Prefecture, Satsunan Islands of Kagoshima Prefecture, and Ogasawara Islands of Tokyo Metropolis)" as the infested area of Euscepes postfasciatus.
- Anacardium occidentale (without cashew apple), Castanea mollissima,Corylus avellana, Fagus grandifolia, and Quercus alba were removed from the host of Ceratitis capitata.
- Anacardium occidentale (without cashew apple) was removed from the host list of Bactrocera tryoni, Bactrocera zonata, Bactrocera correcta, Bactrocera carambolae, Bactrocera papayae, Bactrocera kandiensis, Anastrepha ludens, and Anastrepha obliqua (= A. mombinpraeoptans).
- The fruits of 76 plants were added as the hosts of Bactrocera tryoni, and the fruits of 44 plants were added as the hosts of Bactrocera zonata.
Summary of the revised Part B of the "Quarantine Requirements for the Importation of Plants or Plant Products":
- The quarantine requirement which is for the host plants or plant products ofPseudomonas syringae pv. syringae from infested areas was added and requires a statement of field inspection or pre-export laboratory testing to confirm the disease-free status of this bacteria on the phytosanitary certificate. The consignments which fail to meet the above-mentioned condition shall be reshipped or destroyed.
- The description regarding the importation of lily bulbs from the Netherlands and Chile should follow the specific requirements which were added for the consistency of the contents of the "Quarantine Requirements for the Importation of Plants or Plant Products".
- 19 weeds, 2 insects, 2 fungi and 1 bacterium were added to the regulated pest list, and the scientific names of 3 pests were corrected.
Bureau of Animal and Plant Health Inspection and Quarantine
9F, 100 Heping W. Rd., Sec. 2, Taipei, 100 Taiwan
Tel: +(886) 2 3343 6412
Fax: +(886) 2 2304 7455